Pages

September 24, 2014

Skirtember #3

Better late than never!  I had a very late night on Sunday, which made for a sleepy Monday (and... uh... Tuesday, I guess).  I'm still playing catch-up from the weekend!

And what a weekend it was.  First, the weather couldn't make up its mind.  Sometimes, it was cloudy and rainy.  Sometimes, summer-like humidity.  The evenings got very chilly.  My Saturday outfit ended up being too warm, though my Sunday one worked out nicely.  Second, Jordan and I had adventures on Saturday - apple picking, then rushing up to the top of the US Bank building for the last 30 minutes of Doors Open Milwaukee - and I had adventures with a long-time friend on Sunday.  Hurrah for adventuring in dresses!



Dress:  Thrifted
Leggings:  Kohls
Socks:  a gift
Boots:  Merrell from REI

When I occasionally wore this dress to work (with jeans underneath it), one of my students called it my "little kid" dress, so these swings at the apple farm made for an ideal photo location!




Detail of the socks - my secret nerdy socks.
They're a Dalek!




Dress, scarf and tights:  hand-me-downs
Shirt:  Old Navy
Boots:  Target


On Sunday, my oldest friend and I went to the American Players Theater to see "The Importance of Being Earnest".  It's an outdoor theater, so I knew I wanted something cozy to wear.  Also, I wanted to chance to break out this sweater dress!  I like the top more than the bottom, but overall, I think it's pretty good.

Also, dun dun dunnnnn, I'm happy to debut my new hair color!  I'm loving it even more than I thought.

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this one? Your hair -- so dark! So grown-up! So different than the great hair dye debacle of 2005! =) I am always a fan of that red jumper and it is perfect here with boots and apples! And the sweater dress -- that cowl? Be still my beating heart! So striking with the newly-dark hair.

    I miss APT. I never saw a bad show there.

    ReplyDelete