Pages

September 14, 2014

Skirtember #2

I'm back, with two more skirt/dress posts for everyone!  (And there was much rejoicing.)  This week in Wisconsin, temperatures plummeted for a few days.  High 40's, windy, cloudy, bleeecchh.  Luckily, it popped back up into the 60's over the weekend.  Not only did it make playing outside enjoyable, it made it much easier to consider wearing skirts!

On Saturday, I went geocaching with a friend.  It was tempting to wear jeans, considering the amount of outdoor exploring we'd be doing, but it stuck to my guns and tried to pick functional dress wear.



Dress & tights:  hand-me-downs
Jacket:  Forever 21
Boots:  Merrell from REI


Even though the dress and tights look fancy-ish, I didn't mind if they got mucked up, since they're hand-me-downs.

There were parts of this outfit I ended up liking more than I thought - the jacket with the dress, for instance.  It also looked cool if the jacket was buttoned up, which I've never tried before.  I didn't really like the boots and tights with the dress though.  I don't know if it's because I'm not a huge fan of black tights - they often look dowdy or formal - or if the dress hit my legs in a spot where it would look better with flats.  Anyway, this outfit got the job done - we found four geocaches!  Whee!

On Sunday, I went to a Packers party.  Jordan and I don't like watching football, but I thought I could dress in one of the team's colors as support anyway.



Sweater & scarf:  hand-me-downs
Dress:  Goodwill
Leggings:  Forever 21
Shoes:  Target


Does anyone else prefer leggings over tights?  I don't know why I find them much more comfortable.  Maybe it's the thicker fabric?  Anyway, I love these long leggings from Forever 21.  My other pairs are mid-calf and thin, which isn't ideal for most outfits.

Two down, two to go!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the first outfit--but I think I like the second more! So sunny and bright, I would totally wear it :) you look great. Love the leggings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous of your weather! We have been "enjoying" temps 100+ as of late. Your green and grey jacket is so much fun! And the yellow dress is great. I love pops of color and that dress is perfect. I prefer leggings to tights and I think it is because they are thicker, don't move around as much (thus are easier to wear) and I don't have to worry about snagging them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I like that burgundy dress! That looks like a very good fall mid-adventure outfit for tromping through the wilds. I agree, though, I think the length of the dress makes it a little wonky with the boots -- probably something hitting at or just above your knees, rather than what looks like a couple inches below, would make for happier proportions?

    And yes, I generally prefer leggings. They're sturdier, don't run (especially with how often I wear boots in fall/winter/spring -- those zippers are mean on fragile tights!), and tend to have a less-constricting stretchiness. We'll see if this season changes that at all (I feel like tights might stay up better?).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! I love yellow and gray together! Great outfit!

    Sigh. I'm totally jealous you can wear leggings and a sweater right now. :/

    ReplyDelete