Pages

August 18, 2013

Memories Revisited

A while ago I talked about chopping my honeymoon dress into pieces and not regretting it because at least one of them, the tunic top, was getting worn significantly more frequently.

Well, now both halves can get more love, since I've finally gotten some close-enough-in-color jersey and whipped up a yoga-pants-style waistband for the hacked-off skirt. 



It's a longer length than most of my summer skirts, which makes for nice variety; the breezy rayon is light and comfy and will be perfect for biking and strolling and whatever else may befall on our anniversary trip to the seaside this weekend.


I can never get the colors to come out quite right...this is the closest, and the embroidery is spot on, but the dress is actually greener, a lovely deep teal.    

I'm beyond pleased that this worked, and I can keep wearing, enjoying, and making new memories in such sentimental garments...

3 comments:

  1. wow! how did you make the waist? I've never tried adding something jersey knit to make a waist! Interesting idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really know how to explain it, I just copied the fold-over waist from yoga pants and the like. Stretch in the grain goes sideways. There's a gazillion tutorials already on the 'net, no need to add another. =)

      Delete
  2. You did a great job! It looks lovely. And I like the length - longer skirts definitely come in handy.

    ReplyDelete