Pages

February 10, 2013

Ladies' Night

Last week was hard, there's just no other way to say it.  I could tell by Tuesday that it was going to be a doozy, so I convinced a friend to head up to wine country with me after class on Friday for some drinks, nibbles, and non-school-related girl time.

Occasion: Friday night happy hour

This outfit debuted for New Year's Eve (fondue and card games with friends), and I liked it so much this seemed like the perfect occasion to bring it out again -- nothing stuffy or uncomfortable for the day full of studying, but still polished and fun enough not to feel out of place at a trendy wine bar. 

Top: Banana Republic, thrifted | Sweater: thrifted | Jeans: thrifted | Boots: b.o.c. by Born | Earrings: gift from the mister | Watch: Citizen Ecodrive

All in all, it was exactly what the [student] doctor ordered -- intentional time to nurture a new-but-meaningful friendship, small indulgences, and so many reminders that we're not going through medical school alone.

What do you find yourself doing to unwind after a week you can't wait to put behind you?

4 comments:

  1. Ugh! This last week was interminable for me, too. And from talking to many, many people about it, this February has been universally... February-like. There seems to be a hard case of the blues going around....

    Tim and I have taken to putting the girls to bed and then holing up in our bedroom with a drink and an hour or so of mindless tv (our latest series is Chuck), before rehashing our days. I love me some girls night fun, but we are at a stage where nurturing our marriage is so vital to our lives that it's hard to spare any of our incredibly few moments for anyone else...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is there a day this week that works for Skype? Afternoons work best for me, usually, as that's when we at least have a chance for both the girls to nap... I usually put them down around 2 my time.

      Delete
    2. Oh, sorry, and very cute outfit! Fitting for many occasions. I love outfits like that. :)

      Delete
  2. This outfit is definitely a ladies' night winner! I love the tank top with a long sweater look. I have a sparkly tank top that I should break out this weekend... And I love your hair! You should wear it like that more often.

    It's awesome that you were able to initiate an outing with a new friend. I'm glad you were able to connect and grow your friendship.

    ReplyDelete