Pages

February 27, 2013

A Month of Sundays, #4


Shirt:  Old Navy
Skirt/dress:  Goodwill
Tights:  JC Penney
Boots:  Merrell, from REI


Despite the title of this post, I actually wore this outfit on a Saturday, for dinner with friends.  I wanted to experiment with the shirt-over-a-dress style.  When I usually try this out, it looks awkward.  Either my shirt is too long, or too short, or the dress underneath looks lumpy.  But I liked how this turned out! I think this dress could work with a shorter shirt as well, so I'm going to keep trying.  Call me inspired.


Have you tried any new-to-you styles recently?


Linking up with The Pleated Poppy

1 comment:

  1. cute! i like the grey tights -- i feel like i'd have defaulted to black (don't have any good greys right now), and that would have been too stark. i think the miniskirt-sweater-boots is a super-cute look -- while i agree a shorter shirt would probably work too, i really really like this.

    new experiments for me recently have included blouse-y shirts (as opposed to fitted), and also miniskirts. the latter with tights or leggings, or turned into a skort with some hidden shorts. =)

    ReplyDelete