Pages

November 25, 2012

Autumn Leaves

The slight fall colors we get in the bay area have been lingering for a while, but the weather has finally shifted from basically summer (such as it is, here) to basically winter (again, such as it is).  This past week, though, provided a lovely combination of bright-but-crisp days and nights that smell of woodsmoke and decay -- that perfect scent of autumn.


Occasion: churching

Pretty standard Sunday fare, around here.  I've had this nubbly plaid skirt for several years now; though it reads as neutral and conservative at a distance, it's all bright golds and rich greens and bold raspberries striping back and forth.  LOVE that.


sweater: Banana Republic, thrifted | skirt: Forever 21, thrifted | belt: Target | tights: Target | shoes: Naya, via db shoes

As we shall surely soon see, I'm rather fond of plaid -- gingham, tartan, lumberjack, I love it all, and it seems especially suited to the fall.  It can be polarizing, though.  So, I have to ask: are you a fan of plaid?  Or, do you have another favorite pattern or texture that says "fall" to you? 

2 comments:

  1. well, I know you think plaid is my gig :) but I don't wear much of it at all. In the fall, I prefer a red/brown color palette, tights, generally cozy things. In fact, maybe I'll make that the subject of my next post...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i may have a plaid problem. i have three? plaid skirts, and am on the lookout for one more (but they're all so different!), plus i'm keeping an eye out for certain blouses. doesn't seem nearly as bad as my stripes issue, though, where i wish i could wear stripes every day...

      on that stripey note, this fall has heightened my love for corduroy. pretty sure i have twice as much corduroy as denim (though, i don't have much denim, so that's not as excessive as it sounds). 'specially burgundy cords -- pants, shorts, and dress, yup. =)

      Delete