Pages

October 31, 2012

Confidence

A few weeks ago, I was playing "truth or dare" poker with Jordan and some friends.  I don't remember exactly how the question was phrased, but one of my friends basically asked me to describe the outfit that make me feel the most confident.




T-shirt & scarf:  gifts
Jacket & skirt:  Goodwill
Tights:  Target
Boots:  Charlotte Russe


I love stepping out in this outfit.  I draw from the bravado of the character it's inspired by.  I hold my head high.  Self-confidence is a self-fulfilling prophecy:  feeling like you look good makes you look better.  Isn't that a beautiful thing?

Also, as I was thinking of my answer, Jordan (my husband) quickly chimed in with, "high heels!"  So, apparently I give off a certain confidence when I'm a few inches taller as well!


Share what outfit - or pieces of an outfit - you feel most confident in.

4 comments:

  1. I love my knee high black boots. They have the perfect heel, just tall enough to feel like I'm wearing heels, but low enough that I can dance/walk/be comfortable. They work with everything, and I think I strut a little more when I wear them. Sadly they are wearing out, and I can't find a similar pair to replace them! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooooo! Tell me if you need help on boots-hunt. I'm game.

      Delete
  2. i have some shoes that always give me a boost -- knee high boots that make me feel like a sci-fi heroine, and chunky heels that click when i walk, commanding attention. i've also got some sweaters and dresses that fit really well and always garner compliments. things like that can't help but make a girl feel good. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooooove your boots! They are great.

    Lately I haven't felt too confident about any clothes... I'm always asking Joel, "Do I look fat? Is this too tight/short/ugly? so for me, if I'm comfortable, I am confident.

    ReplyDelete